Challenge Yourself with an Online MBA
Sometimes the most difficult step can be that first one. In this case, it is likely one of the smartest decisions you will ever make. You can be among the first to earn your MBA from UD's new, online program. Are you ready?
Start Dates and Calendar
|Course Start Date||Application Deadline||Missing Documents Deadline||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline|
|March 18, 2013||February 25, 2013||April 17, 2013||March 18, 2013||March 18, 2013|
|May 13, 2013||April 22, 2013||June 12, 2013||May 13, 2013||May 13, 2013|
|July 8, 2013||June 17, 2013||August 7, 2013||July 8, 2013||July 8, 2013|
|September 2, 2013||August 12, 2013||October 2, 2013||September 2, 2013||September 2, 2013|
|October 28, 2013||October 7, 2013||November 27, 2013||October 28, 2013||October 28, 2013|
Click here to verify the Online MBA program is available in your state.
We encourage everyone to apply. Our goal is to accept students who will be successful not only in completing the program, but also in applying what they've learned in their future career. We read every application individually and admit using a portfolio approach. This means that we consider many factors when making an admission decision, and no single factor will guarantee or disqualify an applicant from admission. Factors considered include:
- Prior Academic Performance
- Experience, including work experience, volunteer work, community service, internships, etc.
- Professional Skills
- Standardized Test Scores
- Professional and Academic Recommendations
- Achievements and Performance Awards
- Career Aspirations
Applicants holding terminal degrees (MD, JD, PhD, EdD, etc.) or who have four or more years of progressive work experience are eligible for a GMAT waiver. GRE, LSAT, and MCAT scores are considered in lieu of the GMAT score for applicants who have taken them for other programs or reasons. Visit the FAQs for additional information on the GMAT waiver.
Applicants must hold the equivalent of a four-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent three-year non-U.S. degree.
The typical applicant has two or more years of experience (work experience, volunteer work, community service, internships, significant academic projects, etc.) but all applicants are considered even if they have limited professional experience.
Typically our applicants will have an undergraduate GPA 2.8 or higher, and for those required to take the GMAT, an overall score of 550 or above and scores which are greater than 50% in each sub-score.
International applicants will need to submit one of the following: a) proof of having earned a degree in either the United States or a country where the primary language is English; b) TOEFL score; or c) IELTS score. Typically students required to submit a TOEFL score have scored a 100 or higher on the IBT version or a 7.5 or higher on the IELTS.
A complete application consists of the following items. All documents are uploaded to the application system. No documents should be mailed.
- Unofficial transcripts from each institution of higher education that the applicant has attended. If admitted, the student will then be asked to submit official transcripts by the Missing Document Deadline.
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations forms are emailed directly from the online application to individuals who will be completing them and must be returned by them electronically.
- A current resume.
- Responses to two essay questions. There is no set page length for essays.
- Getting your message across to prospective customers is a key element of a business plan. Please critique our efforts to market the University of Delaware MBA programs by using specific examples of where and how you heard about our programs (e.g., specific radio station, Internet site, publication, TV station, etc.). Honestly assess the effectiveness of the marketing efforts, including strengths and areas for improvement. Discuss the role the media played in influencing your decision to apply for admission, as well as the best way(s) to reach prospective students like you. We are looking for insightful, specific and brief essays.
- What are your vocational objectives and how will your proposed plan of graduate study relate to them?
- An official GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) test score unless eligible for a waiver. GMAT, LSAT or MCAT scores may be considered. Visit the FAQs for additional information.
- $75 application fee. The application fee can be paid online by credit card or by check via postal mail; applications cannot be processed until payment is received. Fee waivers are available for applicants with a GMAT score of at least 600; visit the FAQs for additional information.
- International applicants will need to submit one of the following: a) proof of having earned a degree in either the United States or a country where the primary language is English; b) TOEFL score; or c) IELTS score.
Have More Questions?
Talk with one of our knowledgeable Enrollment Specialists by calling 855-704-0318.